The SMSZ Project
Desert Gold's flagship SMSZ Project overlies a 38 km section of West Africa’s prolific Senegal Mali Shear Zone which is related to 4 tier one gold mines including B2 Gold's Fekola Mine, Barrick's Gounkoto and Loulo Mines and Allied Gold's Sadiola and Yatela Mines.
At 410km2 the Company’s SMSZ Project is one of the largest gold exploration projects in Western Africa. With 20+ open gold zones discovered to date that require follow up and numerous targets yet to be tested, the SMSZ Project has the potential for the discovery of a major gold deposit(s) consistent with the region’s tier 1 gold mines.
410 km2 Project spans the Senegal Mali and Main Transcurrent Shear Zones
- Airborne magnetic data shows the likely location of the Senegal Mali Shear Zone between high magnetic rocks to west and low magnetic rocks to east
- North-northeast trending magnetic features often represent secondary shear zones, which control the location of gold zones
20 gold zones discovered and more likely
- Significant drill results including 6.28 g/t Au over 13 meters. OPEN!
- Gourbassi East, Gourbassi West and Barani East have seen the most work
- Other areas have seen limited drill testing with follow-up drilling required at most of them
More to come
- >100 untested gold-in-soil anomalies >200 ppb
- Untested geophysical anomalies
- Blind targets under shallow cover
- Property scale magnetic image with drilling highlights and Au-in-soil anomalies